Do your children do not listen to you? Try out this 10 little hacks that make them obedient and listen to you.
It is difficult to find parents who do not have this complaint of child disobedience. Discussions in the circle of relatives or friends about the violence of a disobedient boy or girl are not less.
But think, why do your children do not listen? Is it just his fault, or is there a gap on your part? Take the plunge and see the difference.
When it comes to raising a child, parents think that children are just like us. They understand what we understand or they will like what we like. I don’t understand that if a child understood like me, he would not be a child. That is why he has to understand it the way he understands it.
It is difficult for a child to understand just by speaking in an instructive manner. Rather instruct him to play tricks. Briefly apply the words in proportion to the age of the child.
Why children do not listen to you?
According to psychologists, most children do not understand exactly what to do and will not be reprimanded, because of this tension they lose the ability to listen.
When a child speaks, he wants to convey something, does he care? Or does he just not pay attention when you tell him something to do? Then change this habit from today. Even if the child does wrong, let him tell his arguments. Then you can refute it and bring the child to the right path.
Does the child obey when he tells his friend or school story or wants to play with you? It is often seen that when the children talk, all the parents do not pay attention, and this creates dissatisfaction among their children. The child does not understand that anger subconsciously. But its effect is created in behaviour. Begins to be disobedient.
What to do to make your children do not listen to you?
Here is a list of 10 hacks to make your child listen to you:
- The child may think that you are the opponent: if you keep reprimanding or ordering all the time. So refrain from reprimanding the child. Because you are the child’s friend – this feeling is important for his development. And for the little ones as well as the adults, this explanation of why he will do the job is important.
- Let your child understand that you understand him: The more your child understands that you understand him, the more he will be loyal to you. He/she will listen to you So listen to him first to make him listen. Pay attention to his words. Let him know that you understand him.
- Agree on the child: Parental consensus on the child is important. Parents should not disagree on the same issue. This confuses the child. Make decisions beforehand. If you disagree with something else, never argue with your child about it. Talk to yourself.
- Answer the child’s question: If you do not answer your child’s question, he or she may find someone or something whose answer may not be so pleasant for you.
- Close the Generation Gap: One of the reasons for the generation gap with children is that parents want their children to be just as they were when they were young. This leads to misunderstandings for these unrealistic expectations. So you have to be tolerant of some things. You need to strike a balance between your child’s needs, attitudes and preferences.
- Don’t see the realization of your unfulfilled dreams in your child: Parents often want to see the realization of their unfulfilled dreams in their child. As a result, they decide what will be the goal of the child’s life without giving any importance to the child’s wants or abilities. And later the child has to pay the price. He cannot fulfil the desires of his parents, nor can he develop his own talent. So after a stage of growth give freedom of thought and decision without interfering in all his affairs.
- Don’t ruin the child’s self-esteem: We often forget that children also have self-esteem. We may scold him in front of others, misrepresent him, or make him unprepared. Be careful with such behaviour.
- Tell your child what you do: Children imitate what their parents are saying, not what they are doing. So don’t ask your child to do something you don’t do yourself.
- If you make a mistake, pay the price, if necessary, punish: If your child understands that he is getting through without listening to you, then he will be encouraged to be disobedient. So stay calm without shouting all the time, arrange some punishment. Do not be afraid to be firm in this matter. Because if the child realizes that he must be punished for this disobedience, he will be careful.
- Don’t say the same thing over and over again: Saying the same thing over and over again reduces its importance. Say it more than once. Don’t let him understand the punishment of listening.
There are many children who deliberately disobey their parents. If you find such a trait that your children do not listen at a very young age, don’t rule him out at first and make him more stubborn. Bring some discipline to his growing up to change this habit of his.
If still your children do not listen, seek the help of a psychologist.
In this case, to make the family relationship respectful and compassionate and to motivate the child without always giving instructions, to make him hardworking and tolerant. The child will listen to you.